Wondering why that batch of beer went bad?
Have you ever had to dump a homebrew because it tasted like swill?
No clue what went wrong? Well, have no fear. Bridger Brew Crew is here to help!
Join us for a sensory analysis experience of 6 of the most common off-flavors which occur in beer brewing. We will discuss causes and possible solutions to prevent these off flavors from occurring.
The flavor standards we will be using come from the Siebel Institute, the US's premier brewing school in Chicago, IL. They include the following 6 essential off flavors every brewer should know:
- Contamination / Infection
- DMS (aka dimethyl sulfide)
- Diacetyl (that nasty buttery taste)
- Isovaleric acid (think cheesy, old hops, or sweaty socks)
- Papery (aka oxidation)
- Hydrogen sulfide (rotten eggs, ew!)
Location info for the event will be emailed out to members closer time to the event.